Engineered Roof Deicing Energy Calculator
|Enter the details of your wattage and daily use below to work out how much it costs to run:|
Electric usage is measured in kilowatt-hours.
1 watt-hour is the equivalent of 1 watt of power used for 1 hour.
1 kilowatt-hour is the equivalent of 1000 watt-hours used for 1 hour.
Three values are needed to calculate the cost to use an appliance:
- The power rating or wattage of the appliance. This is found on the appliance e.g. 50W or 1800W.
- The time the appliance is switched on in hours (or minutes ÷ 60)
- The cost per KWh.
- Appliance wattage ÷ 1000 = kilowatts (kW)
- Kilowatts × (time appliance is switched on in hours) = kilowatt hours (kWh)
- Kilowatt hours x cost per KWh is what you pay for that appliance to run.